Saturday, October 6, 2012

Watch me transform with badminton !!



Watch Me Transform With The Magics Of Badminton!!!

As the nature of human beings we are always complaining about how much things we have to do every single day. Being a full time university student myself, I understand how hard it is to squeeze out that five to ten hours a week committing to the sport that we love. But at the same time, I wish everyone would realize how much a sport can improve your quality of life and you as a person in general.

I grew up with my grandma in China as both of my parents were working full time. All I remember is that my grandma made the most delicious food in the entire world so I was eating at least 5 meals a day. So at the age of 7, I was already considered to be overweight. And of course, at the time I didn’t realize the consequences of being fat =[

This did not change until I was in high school (I think around year 10), I was 165cm and 76kg at the time. Soon I started to realize that all my friends were beginning to have relationship except for me, my mum had always taught me that inside is what really matters. But I hate to admit, no guy is going to care about your personality the first time they meet you!

I liked a boy continuously for four years since year 7, but he never wanted to be anything more than friends. Because I grew up in China and only came to Australia for high school, I was already very quiet at school because I was scared people would laugh at my bad English.

This only got worse as days passed by, I would hear people talk about me but I was unable to understand what they were saying completely, and as soon as I walk pass they would stop. But I knew it was something bad. All of this added together made me hate going to school every day.
So I realized that if I want things to change then I have to change first!

The reason why I chose badminton was because my mum was also playing on a weekly base, so it was the most convenient sport to begin with. I started off with not knowing how to hold the racket properly to playing tournaments for my club.

I lost over 15kg since when I first started, not only it transformed my body shape completely; I’ve made so many new friends through this sport. I never felt like I was just doing it to loose weight, instead I loved everything about this sport.

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words…




I can’t say enough good things about this sport. I really hope my experience has encouraged you to at least give this sport a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment